J/World Sailing School
Course Pricing and Payment Policies
So how much is the best sailing school in the country going to cost you? Not nearly as much as you might think. And not nearly as much as most other programs. Our per-hour and per-day cost of instruction is about the lowest of you will find amongst reputable organizations. You will learn more at J/World, and you will learn on only the best sailing equipment, with only the best instructors. But don’t just take our word for it… click here to read what our graduates have said.
We encourage you to look around. Talk to sailors. Do some research. Come by and visit our facilities. The more you look into the details of the boats, the curriculum, the locations, and the staff, the more likely it is that you will end up at J World!
Please note that 16% tax will be applied to all courses and charters in Puerto Vallarta, and that Port Taxes (10%) will be added to all San Diego courses and charters.
- Please note that 16% tax will be applied to all courses and charters in Puerto Vallarta.
- Port Taxes (10%) will be added to San Diego courses and charters.
* All prices are subject to change without notice. Alumni pricing pertains to those who have completed a full level (not a single weekend course) at any J/World location.
Please call or email us for the pricing of special events.
J World Booking Policies for Standard Courses
J World Sailing will schedule courses on demand with as few as one student, however courses will not be confirmed until at least two students are enrolled. When making a reservation, we require billing and contact information, and you will be emailed a reservation form. The class automatically becomes confirmed when we have a second student enrolled. At this point, you will be automatically billed and receive an email confirmation. In the event we do not receive the minimum enrollment for that particular course, you will have the option of rescheduling or converting the course to a private class (at incremental cost increase).
If for any reason your schedule changes and you are unable to attend, you must contact J World to cancel the reservation (see below for cancellation policies), otherwise we are scheduling and billing based on the assumption that the dates still work for you, and accordingly committing resources (instructors and boats).
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- For courses and charters the following deposits will be required to hold a class space or vessel:
• Weekend and two-day courses – $200 per person
• Standard sailing/racing/cruising classes – $400 per person
• Liveaboard classes – $500 per person
• Charters (skippered or bareboat) – 50%, unless otherwise indicated
• Special courses (cruises/race) – 50% , unless otherwise indicated
- No class space or charter will be held until the appropriate payments have been received!
- All deposits and payments are non-refundable.
- If cancellation is made 30 days prior to the scheduled event (or longer for some special events, the precise time will be included in your confirmation), deposits are transferable, and credit will be given towards a rescheduled course. Cancellations within 30 days are subject to a loss of tuition/fees.
- The balance for courses and skippered charters is due 30 days prior to the start of the course. The balance due date for special events varies depending on the event and is reflected on your confirmation. The balance for bareboat charters is due 7 days prior to the charter for day charters, or 30 days prior to the charter for multi-day charters. The exact due date will be reflected on your course confirmation. If you have provided a credit card for your deposit, your balance will be automatically charged to the same card on the due date, unless we are instructed otherwise.
- If circumstances beyond the control of J World result in a loss of training, a credit to make up the lost time applicable to a future J World program will be awarded. All course fees paid are non-refundable.
- All payments (including gift certificates, vouchers, etc.) are non-refundable.
- We strongly suggest that you secure private travel insurance
- Under no circumstance will J World be liable for travel or any other expenses resulting from any cancelled event.
J World Tipping Policy
Tips and gratuities are not included in the published pricing. Tips/gratuities are entirely at your discretion. Our coaches do not expect tips but do greatly appreciate them and your recognition when their performance meets and exceeds your expectations.
San Francisco Bay
J/World Performance Sailing School is the preeminent source for sailing skills development.